Wednesday, March 12, 2014

That time Matthew turned 2!

In celebration of the fact that my big boy is not napping today and has decided he'll just play in his crib, I figured it was about time I blogged about him turning 2 years old.

His presents from family on his birthday. He woke up to find these.

Opening gifts.


His "cake" was a chocolate chip cookie pie. He loved it!
On January 23rd, Matthew turned 2 years old! He had a low key day at home with presents and a pie after dinner. He loved blowing out the candle and asked us to do it again over & over again. It was so sweet! The following Sunday we had his birthday party at the community center.



For some reason I can't find all the birthday party pictures, but his theme was a Fire truck/fire fighting theme. There was a bean bag toss, dress up and coloring sheets. Plus good snacks! He had a blast with his friends at his birthday party. If I find the good party pictures I'd love to show everything I did for that...maybe someday. 

2 year well baby appointment.
Matthew had his 2 year well baby exam a day after his birthday party. I guess I can't call these exams well baby exams anymore. He's not a baby. *sniff sniff* I'd call these the toddler years, but Pampers who emails me updates calls him a preschooler. Not sure I am ready for that.....

His stats at 2 years:
Height: 35 inches tall
Weight: 27 pounds
Head Circumference: 50 cm
Wearing: size 3 & 4 diapers, 18 month clothes and some bigger & smaller stuff depending on what it is.
 
He is really doing great. His speech and vocabulary are above average for his age. They were impressed and yes I know this is bragging, but compared to a time where we were so concerned about his development, it really makes me feel good.  He has all his baby teeth except for those pesky 2 year molars. I keep watching for them to come in. He loves most foods, though sometimes isn't a fan of meat or noodles. He loves reading books & singing songs. Mickey Mouse is a huge hit with him!

No comments:

Post a Comment