Thursday, March 1, 2012

Moving & Leaving Hawaii

Coming to you live from the TLA approved hotel where 2 adults, 2 cats and a baby are crammed into a single room near the airport & under the interstate. We officially gave up our military owned house to Forest City today. I teared up a little leaving it. It was a nice house (minus, the leaky a/c.)

Here we are, a few short days away from leaving Hawaii. It is bittersweet for so many reasons. Hawaii is a big deal in Avery and I's relationship. This is where we met, fell in love (well sort of...our relationship was long distance so I can't say we fell in love here completely), got married, lived in our first home together, and had our son. As I've been driving around the past few days I see things and I remember how they relate to our relationship.

Then there are the multitude of great friends I made here. Yes, we make friends everywhere, but some of these friends saw me through some of the greatest heartache: infertility. It's so hard to know that on Sunday I won't be seeing the same people every week. My friend Karissa won't honk when she passes by my house every time. Stacie, my sister from another Mother, and I won't go to lunch at the same place & order the same thing all the time and talk for hours. Becky and I won't go to dinner while the boat is gone and vent about all the crazies.

So farewell Hawaii, thank you for 4 great years of life.

P.s. I am not sure how much time I'll have for blogging in the next month, due to moving. Forgive me if I have to be on hiatus.

2 comments: