Friday, April 29, 2011

How am I feeling?

The transfer went well. Now I have a week to wait to see if the embryos stuck. Everyone is asking how I am feeling....so here's the answer: I am tired, really super duper tired. Exhausted even. Nothing hurts (except maybe my stupid sinuses.) I am a bit nauseated at times and very hungry. Yet when I sit down to eat, food is not all that appealing. NOW, before you get all excited....these symptoms are completely normal for after any IVF. My body is being pumped full of progesterone to encourage pregnancy. So in all honesty, my body has thought it was pregnant since after the egg retrieval.

Mentally, I feel neutral. I am afraid to get too excited, just in case I have to deal with disappointment. And you all know the control-freak that I am. I am always planning ahead. (If you want to know how I manage that as a military wife, let me tell you it's a very intricate process...LOL!) I am very excited to have a positive result, but I have to prepare myself for whatever the answer may be. According to books I have read this is very normal for women who've had IVF. Oh and I can't forget to mention the anxiety. Of course I am anxious. Who wouldn't be? Thankfully the exhaustion is letting me keep that at bay a bit.

I appreciate everyone's continued prayers and thoughts. It means so much to me. I am in awe of the support we've been given. I cannot thank you all enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment