Monday, June 6, 2011

United Airlines and traveling

Preface: This post was formulated after a horrid experience with United Airlines a few weeks ago.

Customer service appears to be gone when it comes to some of the airlines in this country. I realize that a lot of people fly and costs are high, but is that really reason to treat passengers like crap? My case in point: my flight from Chicago to St. Louis was canceled due to weather. When I informed the woman that I didn't live in Chicago and would therefore need a place to stay the night (aka a hotel room), she refused saying it wasn't her problem I had no place to go. Really?? The weather I understand wasn't her fault, but the fact that the flight was canceled, thereby leaving people stranded was an issue that the airline needed to address. After going back & forth and me getting increasingly angry (I do have a temper when dealing with rude customer service reps), she still wouldn't help me. The next day when I was trying yet again to get out of Chicago, I encountered more rude people working for United. They were the most unhelpful bunch of people I have ever had the misfortune of dealing with. I am a paying customer....one who has been loyal to this airline almost my entire life (thanks Dad). If they look me up in their computer, it shows my status with this airline. Yet they still think it's okay to act like I am the problem?? Am I missing something here?
What happened to customer service???? Is it just United?
I wonder, because Delta & Alaska Airlines who I also flew on this trip were fabulous to deal with. Every employee treated me well and helped me without attitude.

United lost a customer with that experience and they can blame their employees lack of service for it. Customer service is important and I really wish companies wouldn't forget this key concept.

No comments:

Post a Comment