Alright, so I realize that year 2011 ended 8 or 9 days ago, but blogging hasn't been my priority here lately. I did this little year end survey thing to review 2010, but figured it worked out nicely for 2011 too. Enjoy!
(Oh and yes, I am still pregnant...39 weeks and less then a week to my due date.)
1. What did you do in 2011 that you'd never done before?:
IUI, IVF, and carried a child. Gosh, I wish I had something else not related to infertility. Didn't I do anything else new? I guess not. Man I am boring...remind me to do something else in 2012.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?:
I don't think I made any in 2011. I haven't made any for 2012 as of yet either.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?:
4. Did anyone close to you die?:
Not close to me, but people I knew did pass away.
5. What countries did you visit?:
I lived vicariously through my husband who did leave the US...that totally counts, right?
6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?:
-A college degree (which I know I will have in 2012. YAY!)
-A new or newer car (plans for this are in the works when we return to the mainland)
-A job I love.
7. What date from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?:
May 4th, 2011- The day I found out our IVF had been successful and I was pregnant. It was one of the best days of my life.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?:
Making it through another Westpac deployment, nearly being done with college and of course the obvious: pregnancy.
9. What was your biggest failure?:
I don't think I had a biggest failure.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?:
Yes, but nothing serious.
11. What was the best thing you bought?:
Tricare Standard insurance....lol...totally kidding. I have no idea. Maybe my smartphone? I dig that phone...a lot!
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?:
A ton of people. It'd take me forever to name everyone.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled?:
Congress and their inability to work together & comprise to actually help people in this country.
14. Where did most of your money go?:
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Pregnancy, Avery returning home from deployment, almost being done with college and so much more.
16. What song will always remind you of 2011?:
I don't have a song this year.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or more sad?: Happier
ii. thinner or fatter?: Fatter
iii. richer or poorer?: The same.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?:
I wish I'd had more energy to give time to more friends, especially now that we are leaving Hawaii in a few months.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?:
20. How will you be spending Christmas?:
I spend Christmas 2011 with the hubster.
21. What was the most embarrassing thing that happened to you in 2011?:
It's not worth mentioning and isn't really embarrassing....next!
22. Did you fall in love in 2011?:
I stayed in love.
23. How many one-night stands?:
24. What was your favorite TV program?:
Dancing With The Stars
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?:
26. What was the best book you read?:
Tie between "The Help" and "The Hunger Games"
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?:
I didn't have one.
28. What did you want and get?:
My drive to finish school back and again pregnancy.
29. What did you want and not get?:
A winning lotto ticket! ;-)
30. What was your favorite film of this year?:
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?:
I turned 26 and I went to dinner with friends & hung out with my Mom.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?:
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?:
34. What kept you sane?:
Avery, my family & friends, bible study and my faith.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?:
I'm not a big celebrity person, so I really can't think of anyone.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?:
I didn't pay as much attention to politics in 2011. I just prayed the fighting in congress would stop.
37. Who did you miss?:
My family & friends.
38. Who was the best new person you met?:
Umm...I can't remember if I met anyone new in 2011.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011:
There's a reason for everything, even if you can't always see it right away.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
"I am exactly where I need to be."