Friday, July 12, 2013

5 on Friday- Linking up!


1.  Bad luck with babysitters! Yeah, that's me. If anyone could have bad luck finding, keeping and not being lied to by baby sitters...it's me. The stories I can tell about this topic are just comical now. My latest favorite was the one who told me her Grandfather passed away and she was going home, 7 hours before she was supposed to show up, only for me to see her posting locally & asking questions about local things on the Navy Wives page. I didn't want to believe that she could possibly have had told such a crazy lie so I stalked looked at her FB profile, which guess what? She keeps public! And guess again...no death in the family, just feeling ill. Such a strange lie to tell. Needless to say, she will not be allowed near my kids.
Thankfully after that fiasco, I ended up finding a great sitter. I paid her very well, b/c in the words of my friend D, "you need to keep a good babysitter for once!"

2. No Technology Day.  My husband came up with the idea to make Sunday's no technology day in our house. This means no cell phones, tv or computer unless it's an emergency.  Last week was our first time doing it. It turned out well. It seemed so quiet, but I can tell where we definitely need to put down the cell phones! We're doing it again this weekend.

3. Maui. Yeah my cousin and his new wife just moved there. I'm jealous. Can the Navy move us back to Hawaii? 

4. My Pretty Princess. Isn't she adorable??

5. Back to School. It's that time in the stores. They have all the school supplies for sale. I love buying school supplies. The smell of the aisle in the store...the whole experience has always been something I enjoy. Nowadays since I'm not in school and my kids aren't in school yet, I just buy to donate to our church. I took Matthew with and tried to instill the fun into it. He doesn't get it yet, but he will if I have my way! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment