Wednesday, July 10, 2013

What We're Up To....

SO....I read recently that if you want to have a cool blog that people actually read, you have to post several times a week. That is probably incredibly obvious, but sometimes I need to hear/read the obvious.
I know all of my friends are just dying to read a birth story for Julia (aka Miss J, Little Miss, Peanut) and I really have no reason not to have written one, especially considering my super awesome doula wrote me out a timeline of my whole labor & delivery, but yet here I am not having written it.  Instead I'm doing a what are we doing/reading/wearing etc post. Enjoy!

Miss J on the day she left the hospital. The hand mitts didn't last long, as she hates them as much as her brother did.
What are we doing? Well we're just living the normal life. Running errands, going to the park, eating & pumping and doing the household stuff. Since Peanut has arrived I have revised our weekly schedule- formally called the USS [Our Last Name] Plan of the Day.  I am even more religious about following said schedule now that I have 2 little ones. It just makes the week a little easier on me. I highly recommend it.


How we shop Target...Little Dude holds the stuff, while Julia is in the back.

What are we reading? Kids books for Matthew. His favorites right now include: Brown Bear Brown Bear and several animal sound books. We read them over & over! He says "ook" (he can't always get the B out with the ook part.) It is so much fun! I am glad he loves books as much as his Daddy & me do. As for me....I've been reading books I put on reserve from the library. Recently I finished Two Kisses for Maddy. Total tear jerker and definitely not the next great American novel, but worth it to read.

What I'm Wearing:  Okay so this isn't new, but for the past 9 months I've been wearing tinted moisturizer. I've never been a big fan of foundation so when I found this I was instantly in love. When I don't wear that though, the wonderful staff at Sephora got me into this BB cream from Urban Decay. I can't decide which one I like more. As a nursing Mom not getting as much sleep, it has helped me feel a little better about how I present myself every day. I also have added a lip pencil from NARS into my beauty routine.

What I'm drinking: Besides water, a lot of Mom friends all seem to swear by Spark by Advocare. Now I don't drink it everyday, but when I really need a boost...this stuff does the trick.

That's us in a nutshell.  My dryer just sang it's little song, better go, it's laundry day in our house. This Mommy of two thing keeps me busy!

1 comment:

  1. The way he says book makes me laugh because Max says it without the k so together they can say book!

    ReplyDelete