Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2013 Recap: Happy New Year!

2013 Recap
1. What did you do in 2013 that you've never done before?
~See the Golden Gate Bridge and visited California
~Saw a Pope retire and saw a new Pope elected for the 2nd time in my lifetime.
~Bought a car with my husband (our first car bought together.)
~Gave birth naturally. I really didn't think I could do it, but I did and I felt like super woman.
~Become an Ombudsman for the Navy.
~Met the VCNO
~Attended a Navy Birthday Ball (I had only been to Submarine Birthday balls previously.)
~Became a stay at home Mom to 2 kids.

I think that’s it…did I do anything else that I can’t remember? Hmm…probably!!

2. Did you keep your New Years Resolutions & will you make any this year?
For 2013 my goals were to:

1. Not allow others emotions control my actions as much. –I worked on this one, but ultimately others emotions still controlled me more than I desired them to. So this is a work in progress.
2. Raise my confidence level. I also worked on this, but it’s still a work in progress.
3. Return to work after I have our 2nd baby. Technically I didn’t return to work, but I became an Ombudsman, so I feel that fulfills this goal.
4. Blog more often. I obviously failed on this one completely. I’ll just have to try again.
5. This wasn’t listed with the goals I made for 2013, but I blogged in November 2012 about it and that was for it to be my year of faith along with the Catholic Church. –I majorly accomplished this one and I am thrilled about it!

2014's goals are:
1. Blog More often (I’m keeping this one until I actually accomplish it.)
2. Use my iPhone less when my children are around.
3. Figure out where I want my life to go personally, spiritually and financially.

3Did anyone close to you give birth?
Oh yes…but there’s so many I am not sure if I can list them all.  Of course the best birth was my own baby girl!

4. Did anyone close to you pass away?
Not this year. It was a quiet year for us in that regard.
  
5. What countries did you visit?
No outside countries; hopefully I can visit Canada again in 2014. I haven’t been up there in several years.

6What would you like to have in 2014 that you didn't have in 2013?
~A full year of not being pregnant. I hate to say that when I know many are desperately wishing for pregnancy, but I want a full year of my body to myself (or mostly to myself since I am not done breastfeeding.)
7. What date from 2013 will be etched in your mind & why? 
May 21st- Julia was born. I will never forget that day and her birth.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?  
Being a Mommy to 2 kids. It’s a hard job, but I love my babies fiercely.

9. What was your biggest failure?
I don’t want to focus on the negative, as any failures are highly personal to me and not something I share if they aren't obvious.

10. Did you suffer injury or illness? 
I hemorrhaged after Julia’s birth, but that’s it besides a few miserable colds and sinus & asthma issues. I am pretty healthy thankfully.

11.  What was the best thing you bought?
I haven’t the foggiest idea.  My car probably!

12.  Whose behavior is worthy of celebration?
Everyone who positively impacted my life in 2013. Friends, family, medical staff, priests and more.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled?
This could take me awhile. How about we just go with people who did things out of malice, people who forgot to represent the people they were elected to represent fairly and those who sought attention in repulsive ways.

14. Where did most of your money go?
Student loan companies and baby supply companies.

15What did you get really, really, excited about? 
Having a baby girl!

16. What song will always remind you of 2013?
I feel silly saying this, but the song “Story of My Life” by One Direction. I don’t know why but I like this song and it’s all I can think of to answer this question.

17. Compared to 2012 were you ___________ in 2013
a. Happier or sadder?  Just as happy!
b. Thinner or fatter?  Fatter (due to pregnancy) at the beginning and then thinner (can’t stop dropping the pounds…I gotta work on that. And for those wondering, no it's not an eating disorder issue.)
c. Richer or poorer?   Richer in spirit; poorer in cash.

18. What do you wish you would've done more of? 
Scrapbook. I didn’t pursue it at all in 2013. I was just so tired or busy.

19. What do you wish you would've done less of? 
~ Stressing out
~ Procrastinating

20. How did you spend Christmas? 
I took my babies to Mass on Christmas Eve, then we ate pizza at home as a family. On Christmas Day, Julia and I woke up early hung out together before we all had breakfast together and then opened gifts. Then my Mom & Aunt flew in. It was a fun day!

21. What is the most embarrassing thing that happened to you this past year?
I honestly cannot think of anything.

22.  Did you fall in love in 2013? 
Yes, with my baby girl!

23.  What was your favorite restaurant?  
 Hop Jacks (their Mango lemonade is the best ever!)

24. What was your favorite TV program?
Downton Abbey and Scandal. Such good shows (and yes I could add way more to this list; I'm such a tv addict!)

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate in 2012/2013?
 
Hate is a strong word…let’s just go with highly distrust.

26. What was the best book that you read?
I read a lot of books. I liked several of them. If I have to narrow it down....I'll go with Killing Kennedy by Bill O'Reilly. Fantastic book and so well researched.

27.  What was your greatest musical discovery?
I don’t think I had one. Interesting question though.

28.  What did you want & get in 2013? 
~A baby girl born healthy
~5 years of marriage
~A bigger house

29. What did you want & not get in 2013? 
 ~A paying job, but it’s okay…life goes in different directions for a reason.

30. What was your favorite movie of 2013?
The Great Gatsby!

31. What did you do for your birthday & how old did you turn?
I turned 28.  I spent time with my husband and kiddos!

32. What's one thing that would've made 2013 more satisfying? 
Less stress…haha!!

33How would you describe your fashion in 2013? 
Preppy? I think that’s how my husband would describe my look. J

34.  What kept you sane? 
Friends, family, God/prayer and my kidlets.

35. What celebrity/public figure did you admire the most?  
Pope Francis. He’s the first Pope in recent history to actually make an effort to relate to all people in the world.  He seems real and down to earth.

36. What political issue fired you up the most? 
I check most of my political opinions at the door, so I don’t think any really got me that fired up.
 
37. Who did you miss? 
My friends who live in other states.

38. Who was the best new person you met?  
My daughter, Julia, of course.

39.  Tell us a lesson 2013 taught you:

It takes a village to raise children and going with that, do not be afraid to use your village when you need help.

No comments:

Post a Comment