Friday, January 29, 2010

Back to the ordinary after visitors

The title says it all. We had a visitor with us last week. It was one of my former college roommates. She'd never been here so despite a sinus infection & a busy life I managed to play tour guide for her. We've never had anyone say at our house before that wasn't related to us, so I definitely learned a few things about having guests. Not that she was a bad guest, but when your name is Liz and you are a busy Navy wife you realize how hard it is to slow your life down to be a proper tour guide. Thus I think all future guests will need to invest in renting a car when staying with us. Now if they chose to stay in Waikiki a rental car may not be necessary. Anyway....lessons learned and a fun time was had. I definitely was forced to brush up on my Hawaiian history and actually am reading a book about Hawaiian history, since my interest in the history of where I live has been renewed. Anyway, she left on Monday and that meant it was time for me to accomplish all that didn't get accomplished last week. Here it is Friday and I finally feel like I am nearly all caught up. This weekend I am looking forward to doing a bit of homework, some laundry, going on a job interview and then just taking it easy.

Fertility update:
Have to wait until next week to have more tests done. However if I get a positive pregnancy test that will negate all such tests, so I am very much hoping for a positive test. Continued prayers on that front are appreciated.

School:
I changed my major from Healthcare Administration to Health & Human Services. I changed, because I really didn't like the management aspect and I know I do better when I am working directly with people. So I've switched and yes while it will push college graduation back yet again....I think this is for the best. When I get back to nursing in 2 years, this degree could help me work as a nurse in a public health setting and that is something I think I might really enjoy. Management just isn't for me.

Not much else to tell everyone. So I'll stop for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment