Wednesday, February 3, 2010

February

It's a new month already! Where did the time go? This year is already beginning to fly past me. In some respects I desperately want this year to hurry up and be done, but at the same time I want it to go slow.

No baby this month and my reaction to the news is the worst it's ever been. I can't thank my friends and husband enough for helping me cope with this disappointment. I think it's time to move on to plan B....whatever that may be. (When I figure out what it is, I'll let you know.)

Tomorrow I am going to make my Valentine's Day cards. I used to hate V-day for years, basically because I was single so often for it that I got bitter. Even when Avery and I were first together, I didn't like it, because our first Valentine's Day wasn't spent together (he was out to sea and I was in Illinois) and there were all sorts of mishaps related to him sending me flowers. Thus our first Valentine's Day as a married couple was met with skepticism. It wasn't perfect by any means, but Avery really worked hard for me to like it (despite forgetting to get me flowers...now that's a story!) This year I am looking at it with a new pair of eyes and seeing it not as the silly Hallmark holiday, but as also a day to show appreciation for the ones you love. So to all of you that I love: Happy early Valentine's Day (look for your card in the mail soon.) :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment