Sunday, July 11, 2010

Humming along in Southern Illinois

Oma passed away on Friday. I got here Saturday afternoon. While I was a bit sad to not get to say one last goodbye, I am so relieved that she is in peace now. The cancer just tore her body to shreds and it was so painful to see her decline. I am happy to think that she and my Grandpa are reunited in heaven. When Grandpa died in February that was what made me cry the most...knowing that Oma didn't have her life partner with her anymore. I was worried that she would feel alone. So I am just so glad that they are together once again.

Now I am back here and it is hot & humid. Typical for July in Southern Illinois. It smells just like I recall summer's smelling here. I tried to explain the smell of the heat to Avery and I finally came up with that it smells like hot grass & overheated asphalt.

The rest of the family starts flying & driving in tomorrow. I am on airport duty. Among the host of other things that are on my to-do list.

I want to see my Angiekins up in Chicago while I am here, but I am not sure I'll make it. We'll see though.

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry honey--but you're welcome here whenever you want!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry about your Oma. I'll be keeping your family in my prayers, especially this week.

    ReplyDelete