Thursday, July 1, 2010

Dragging my feet and other things....

So good thing I never mentioned the name of my work place on this blog. At a monthly team work meeting, we were told that we better not bad mouth work anywhere on the internet. Opps! So if you happen to know where I work, just don't mention it here. Thanks peeps! [The story behind this is some gal in another place located who knows where, bad mouthed work on twitter or facebook and some big person in the company saw it and freaked the F out, because they feel it's bad for business...which I guess it possibly could be.]

I am dragging my feet on making my actually has time off right now spouse and I an appointment with the Ob/gyn. I am really not sure why I am dragging my feet, considering how badly we both want a child and the road to getting preggo at this point entails going and having a meeting with the doctor. I guess part of me feels like it's hopeless.
My spouse is on leave for a week or so, but then it's back to a busy work schedule and then out to sea again for a million trips in and out. Then he's home for Xmas and then early spring of next year, it's the big 6 month Westpac deployment. I told the spouse that maybe we should just stop all this doctor crap and just wait until shore duty. Surprisingly, he disagreed with me. Seriously people I was shocked...my husband who took forever to do what he needed to do, actually thinks we should proceed? I had to pick my jaw up off the floor. So it's time for me to pick my feet up and actually proceed....if he's game, then I am rolling with it.

On a side note: a friend of mine who struggled with infertility for a few years is pregnant with twins. IUI worked for her and that gives me hope. She is definitely deserving of this miracle.

On another topic altogether: my cousin's wedding is quickly approaching. When I booked the plane tickets back in April it felt very far away, but here it is July and I am flying to attend her wedding in early August. I still haven't gotten a dress to wear. I want to look good, as some of my relatives haven't seen me over 4 years, so I need to impress....just kidding, but really I think highly of their opinions. Family opinions matter.

Well better sign off for now. My husband is making dinner and I should really be supervising this endeavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment