Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Insomnia

I have battled insomnia off and on for a few years now. It got particularly bad in the second year of our marriage and finally I got a prescription for Ambien. Ambien really does the trick, however my doctor does not allow me to take it when I am alone. This can be a slight issue with my spouse going in and out to sea. Yet, I seem to have fewer issues with sleep when he is gone, so that isn't always a problem. However, here I sit feeling completely exhausted, yet unable to sleep and not allowed to take the medicine. Ugh!!!
One of my doctors suggested that I had insomnia when I didn't eat enough, so my supposedly starving body was keeping me awake. So now when I can't sleep I eat something. Yet that is also not working tonight. Oh and tv is not that exciting...grr!

Okay...rant done.

No comments:

Post a Comment