Friday, July 20, 2012

Allergies galore!

So I hit up the allergist office yesterday, not as hot a mess as you'd expect given I had been weaned off all my allergy medication.  After about 2 dozen questions, breathing tests (which I failed twice, thanks asthma!), and over 50 skin pricks we know what I am allergic to.  And the verdict is: mold, dust mites, grasses, ragweed, cats & dogs (I didn't believe them on this one until they repeated the skin test), borderline for trees, borderline for avocado & tomato, cockroaches (odd, but I kid you not), and a few other minor things.  Oh and they re-confirmed the latex allergy.  It was an interesting visit.  I walked out of there with another asthma medication, a second nasal spray, upping my dosage of flonase, an EPI pen prescription and orders for a medical alert bracelet.  Oh and loads of instructions on how to deal with the care of the house (i.e cleaning with bleach, hot water etc).  Plus I get to come back in 2 weeks and start allergy shots.  Woohoo!

In other news:

I started week 4 of school and can barely believe this college saga is finally over.  I really hope I can impart in my son that taking 9 years to get your bachelor's degree isn't the smartest idea in the world. Oh well, better late then never, right?

Washington State seems confused about what summer is...we seem to have a few hot days and then it rains & cools down for a few more days.  I am a tiny bit annoyed; you can never put away all the winter clothes here. My relatives think I am crazy, but I am genuinely looking forward to the hot, hot summer of Illinois that I will get to enjoy in less than 2 weeks.

Avery is working this weekend, so Matthew and I need to find something to get ourselves into. There's a lavender festival somewhere around here, we may need to check it out.

Ps. Some of the spam comments I've been getting lately are truly hilarious! Thanks for the laugh, spammers.

2 comments:

  1. I have a latex sensitivity, still sucks. Also was allergic to everything EXCEPT cockroaches. (minimal allergies to dog and cat). Very allergic to corn. Been great since I moved here, until the morons behind us decided they needed to plant corn in their backyard. Ugggggggg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok what I find odd is why would they even think to test for an allergy to cockroaches in the first place? I mean unless you go overseas and eat them deep fried for some completely insane reason then why would you even need to know your allergic to them? Mind you it would be helpful around the house "honey come kill the cockroach I cant do it cos Im allergic".

    ReplyDelete