Monday, January 7, 2013

Has it been a month already?

Clearly, blogging in 2012 wasn't a priority. I have no excuses (other then being tired & busy all the time). I spent plenty of time on facebook, but couldn't get myself to write in the blog that often.  It's one of my goals for the new year.  Seriously. For real.

So...what did we do in December?  Well a whole bunch of fun stuff!  We began the month by attending the children's party put on by my husband's command. I've been to many command children's parties over the years and honestly having a kid of my own, outside of the womb, made it much more enjoyable. Though this party was way more geared towards older kids, Matthew still got to see Santa (he loved him) and accidentally eat frosting...he's fast when he wants something!

Then Avery and I attended the adults Christmas party out on by his command. It was not the most fun, simply because we knew no one. Instead I enjoyed my current state of pregnancy and the ability to eat as much as I wanted from the delicious buffet dinner (and yes I am on orders to gain more weight, so I can eat with some abandon.) I looked good though.

Another weekend we took Matthew to a children's party put on by Operation Homefront. Little Dude was pretty overwhelmed by all the people, but he liked the toys and eating cookies that Daddy gave him bites of.

Somewhere in there it snowed here and everyone freaked out. I rolled my eyes as it was barely 4 inches at our house and I grew up in the Midwest where it snows every winter all the time. It was pretty though, unfortunately it didn't last much longer then a day or two.

At 19 weeks, we had another u/s and the tech was 90% sure it's a baby girl. Avery doesn't like the uncertainty in that and I have to admit whenever I buy a girl item I worry a tiny bit that they are wrong. Hopefully we can get another u/s in and get another look soon.

Matthew's first Christmas was a lot of fun. He got so much stuff from the relatives. Mommy & Daddy tried to keep it small, but even we got him more then I realized until he opened everything. He was a bit bored by the end of unwrapping. Next year I think he'll be more into it. Our living room gets wrecked by all the playing he does everyday now. I love it though. He has so much fun!

We rang 2013 in at my MIL's house in Southern California. It was my first time ever being in his hometown. It was a good time.

I've got some goals for 2013 that I will put on paper here soon.  It's good to be back on the ol' blog. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment