Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Shaking it off and celebrating 6 months of Benjamin

It's a super windy day today. I am praying the trees behind my house stay up and the power stays on! I am not in the mood for a power outage today. Then to top it off I had to make a phone call & speak to a rude woman. Phone call over! Shaking it off!!!

*Hoping I am not jinxing myself* All the illness seems to have vacated my house finally. Praise the Lord, literally!

Benjamin turned 6 months old last week Thursday. I can't believe he's such a big boy. He had his wellness exam and though still tiny, they are pleased with his growth again. We opted to wait until this week to do his vaccinations, because with illness going through my house last week. So the kiddo will get shots this week. I put this on Facebook, but I'll blog it too.  At 6 months...his stats are:

Weight: 14 pounds
Height: 26 inches

Clothes: Still some 3 mos and 3-6 mos stuff. He is really a long, skinny dude!
Diapers: Size 1 and probably will be in them for awhile here due to having no booty!

He has started to crawl a little. He will hold his own bottle. Finally likes the jumperoo and still isn't so sure about the play mat for very long.  He's also working on sitting up. I am kind of pushing him to do this one. I know, I know...don't push kids, but I think he'd be happier if he could sit up better.

He sleeps okay. Not the worst and not the best. Basically waiting at least once to eat.  He's a big spitter upper, so we've had to cut back to smaller bottles more frequently.

He LOVES his sister. Thinks she is the best thing ever. It's the cutest thing.

We finally started solids this week. He got pureed banana and I'll be making him some pureed sweet potato this week.  His first impressions: he liked it a little bit, but started to cry before the serving was over, so we stopped. I am feeling we'll be going slow with him in regards to food (now watch him prove me wrong...haha!!!)




That's what's going on! Back later folks!

1 comment: