Thursday, June 28, 2012

Wisdom Teeth and other ramblings...

Just a few days ago, I was writing about my Little Dude turning 5 months. Today it occurred to me that I rarely write about random stuff the way I used to.  I guess that is what happens when you have a child and that's cool, but I miss my ramblings.  I am contemplating writing a blog post about infertility after having a baby and how it feels, but truth is I am scared of how it will come across.  In my mind it offends a lot of people, but maybe I am thinking about it too much.  Anyway...I digress...

I had my wisdom teeth out 2 weeks ago.  It was awful, the aftermath, not the surgery.  Everything went well with the removal. I had a mild asthma attack afterwards, but that was really nothing. The recovery sucked though.  My Aunt flew in the day prior to help take care of me and Matthew.  Looking back, I really should've let go of control and have rested more.  I think that's part of why I had complications in recovery. I couldn't tolerate the narcotic they gave me so I stopped taking it and just took Motrin & Tylenol. The pain was much worse then I ever expected.  My jaw throbbed, but I just kept dealing with it.  Finally after nearly vomiting on the side of the road on the way back from taking my aunt to airport on Tuesday, I decided I better go back and see the oral surgeon again. That office was fabulous, they tolerated even me having to bring Matthew with me.  Apparently, part of the blood clot on one side came out (this is apparently different from dry socket, but is treated the same.)  They packed the sockets and sent me on my way.  I went back Thursday, so a week after the surgery, and they removed the packing & put in some chemically junk.  Thankfully over the weekend I finally started feeling better.  Next time I have any kind of surgical procedure someone remind me to let go of control so I can rest.

School is almost done for me. This past weekend I wrote a big paper for my class and today I found out I got an A! Considering how bad of burn out I've had, this was great news.  I started my last class on Tuesday, so less than 5 weeks until I am done with my BA.  It's been a long time coming.  Clinton, IA (where my online school has an actual campus) I will see you this fall to collect my hard-earned diploma.

In other news....I am going home to the Midwest in August.  It's a reward of sorts for finishing college.  I was always home sick when we lived in Hawaii, but since arriving in Washington I miss home even more. It's like I am so close, yet still so far away.

No comments:

Post a Comment