Monday, September 9, 2013

Blogtember: My Personality Type

I skipped Friday's prompt for Blogtember. It was asking about a time when you were very afraid. A time when I was extremely afraid is still too intensely personal for me to share with the blogosphere. Maybe someday I will write about it, but not now.

There were no prompts for the weekend so I just did stuff with the family. Friday evening I attended my first Ombudsman appreciation dinner (blog on that later.) Saturday we finally opened savings accounts for the kiddos & bought our 5 year anniversary present (only 3.5 months late), which was a set of new pots & pans.

Now it's Monday and the prompt for today is: Take this short personality test and respond to your results. (At the end, find the detailed profile of your personality account - click "click to view" under "You" and "self awareness and personal growth." You can even google your type and find more info on it!)

My results were not all that surprising. I'm an ESFJ.  The E is for extroverted, S is for Sensing, F is for feeling and J is for Judging.  The first 3 obviously do not surprise me in the slightest.  I am very extroverted and have been my entire life. I love meeting people & socializing. Feeling is a given. I couldn't do my job if I didn't feel. I have learned to tame the feeling a little, so I can be more effective at what I do & how I interact. Sensing is an inherited trait. Both my Mom's Mom & my Mom had/have this same trait.  It is going to sound a bit crazy, but my Mom (and my Oma before she passed away) often just knew things. I used to think they were off the wall, but as I got older I realized I had that too. It's not a psychic type thing...we can't see the future or whatever. Related to this I read people very well though I seldom tell them. It's like insider information. Again- this is why I'm good at what I do.
The last one judging though sort of annoys me. I'm not sure how I got that result.  I do admit to judging on some things, but if you know me you'll know I'm pretty open minded on a lot of things and I don't always think I have the right answer.  I'll have to dig a little deeper to figure that one out.

Go take the test...it's easy to do & really interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment