Thursday, September 5, 2013

Blogtember- Wisdom & Advice

The prompt for today is: "Pass on some useful advice or information you learned and always remembered."

This is a toughie (did I say that the past 2 days as well? Probably. I think I sound very scripted when I have to blog based on prompts.) The reason I say it's tough is because I have so many things I could say to answer this question. My Mom is a phenomenal advice giver.  Once I got over that teenage rudeness, I realized she was a pretty smart lady. Mom- if you're reading...please don't faint. ;)

That said one quote I have always remembered is this one: " Life is a succession of moments, to live each one is to succeed." -Corita Kent.
I read this quote as a freshman in high school. I was roaming the internet and I look an IQ test and while awaiting the results, random quotes were coming up on the screen. The reason this particular quote stuck with me was because I was going through a particularly anguishing time in my life. That quote made me feel better and it has always stuck with me.  I feel like it says to just keep living & eventually you'll make it. Basically a nice way of saying don't give up and be stuck in a rut forever.
As someone who has veered off the intended path a few hundred times, it's comforting to know that I'm still succeeding.

Another piece of wisdom is one I've touched on before and that's choosing the positive.  Today it's been stormy & gray and I was kind of grumpy since my son was whiny. My husband came home and asked me what I was happy about today. And instead of saying "nothing." I forced myself to list several things that I'm looking forward to or that made me happy.  Life can be miserable, but you can make the choice to be happy and not be a victim.  Not everyone is out to get you or ruin things for you, but it'll feel that way if you view the world angrily.

Have a happy day everyone. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment