Monday, October 14, 2013

4 Months Old (Better late then never!)

So...I was doing so well with blogging and then something I believe is called the 4 month sleep regression hit us! Now don't get me wrong, Little Miss doesn't sleep horridly...she just has decided to wake up 2 times a night and then proceeds to comfort nurse for an hour each time! Thankfully I kind of doze while she does this, but still it has thrown me off the amazing schedule I had going for awhile there. Not to mention the pain it causes! Anyway...back to the update...



Julia turned 4 months old Sept. 21st and a few days later had her 4 month well baby appointment. Here are her stats:
Weight: 10.8 pounds (she's on the small side obviously)
Length: 24 inches long!
Head Circumference: 15.5 inches around
Diapers: Size 1
Clothes: NB dresses, 0-3 & 3 month onesies (much of it she still drowns in, but we like variety for outfits.)
While most definitely a peanut, she is for the most part, a very happy & healthy baby.
Julia loves her play mat and sitting in the bumbo while I do chores around the house. Her brother has figured out how to make her laugh and I love watching them both laugh. Little Dude is still a bit rough with her, but we're working on it. She loves to kick her legs! She smiles and laughs when we look at her or give her kisses. In short, she's the most beautiful little princess and I love her to pieces!

2 weeks ago, she came down with a high fever and visited the ER. She had a kidney infection. That earned her a 10 day course of antibiotics! The amoxicillin was that nasty pink liquid we all remember from our childhoods. She actually didn't mind it, but just looking at it made my stomach churn a bit. Haha!! Anyway...this requires her to have a kidney ultrasound and maybe a trip to the kidney doctor in Tacoma. Her brother (if you recall) had the same issue as a baby, so we're very familiar with the protocol.

I'll try to do better with the blogging...toddles!

No comments:

Post a Comment