Friday, January 7, 2011

New Year, New Post!

I borrowed this from another Navy wife friend, who borrowed it from someone else. It seemed like a good way to kick off my blogging for 2011.


1. What did you do in 2010 that you'd never done before?:
Saw an infertility doctor and had loads of testing done.


2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?:
I made 3 resolves and kept one of them. Not sure if I am going to do any for 2011.


3. Did anyone close to you give birth?:
Yep.


4. Did anyone close to you die?:
My maternal grandparents and my childhood doggie.


5. What countries did you visit?:
I stayed in the good ole' USA.


6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?:
-Pregnancy, obviously.
-A college degree
-A new car


7. What date from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?:
No date sticks in my mind. It was a long year.


8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?:
Going back to college (again.)


9. What was your biggest failure?:
Not graduating college....because I took a few months off to re-group (again.)


10. Did you suffer illness or injury?:
Not really.


11. What was the best thing you bought?:
A sh*t ton of Pampered Chef products that I love to cook with.


12. Whose behavior merited celebration?:
My husband's for dealing with me.


13. Whose behavior made you appalled?:
A family member, who won't be named for a bit of privacy.


14. Where did most of your money go?:
Bills


15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Getting on track with the infertility doctor and making a plan.


16. What song will always remind you of 2010?:
Exactly- Amy Steinberg

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or more sad?: Happier, oddly enough.

ii. thinner or fatter?: Same
iii. richer or poorer?: Richer, by a minimal amount.



18. What do you wish you'd done more of?:
Homework


19. What do you wish you'd done less of?:
Homework

20. How will you be spending Christmas?:
I hung out with my husband and Mom.


21. What was the most embarrassing thing that happened to you in 2010?:
I can't think of anything.


22. Did you fall in love in 2010?:
I stayed in love in 2010.


23. How many one-night stands?:
None.


24. What was your favorite TV program?:
Hell's Kitchen and Top Chef


25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?:
Hate is a strong word, so no. Dislike, yes.


26. What was the best book you read?:
Freedom by Johnathon Franzen


27. What was your greatest musical discovery?:
I didn't have one.


28. What did you want and get?:
Civilian friends (nothing against Navy wives....but I needed some variety.)


29. What did you want and not get?:
A car and of course the obvious...a child.


30. What was your favorite film of this year?:
Mao's Last Dancer


31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?:
I turned 25 and spent time with friends, since my husband was out to sea.


32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?:
Getting a degree and again the obvious.


33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?:
Very conscientious, since I was working in high end retail...I had to look good.


34. What kept you sane?:
Bible study, my Mom & husband, a strong will and a great team of doctors.


35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?:
Single Infertile Female (who is a celebrity in the blog world.)


36. What political issue stirred you the most?:
Health care reform.


37. Who did you miss?:
My family & friends.


38. Who was the best new person you met?:
Christie


39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010:
Life is not fair....and your past mistakes aren't the reason you don't get what you want in life.


40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:

"I am exactly where I need to be."

No comments:

Post a Comment