So...in case it wasn't obvious, I live in Hawaii at one of the largest (maybe the largest...not sure) Naval Bases. Many people complain about living here, so I figured I would make a list about what I like about living here.
1. It's warm most of the time.
2. The only snow we get is on top of Mauna Kea on the Big Island.
3. Malasadas from Leonard's Bakery.
4. The beach all around us.
5. 12 hour days all year round.
6. Cheap flights to the other islands.
7. Largest Navy Exchange in the fleet.
8. Awesome spot to watch the subs and ships leave & come home from.
9. History out the wazoo!
10. Cathedral of Our Lady of Peace (now I will grant that I am a bit biased, since this is where we got married & attend church; it is so beautiful and St. Damian's home church is this one.)
11. North Shore!12. Shave Ice!
13. Dole Plantation
14. Driving the H-3 (goes through the mountains and is just gorgeous!)
15. Luaus and a host of other tourist activities that are curiously fun.