Wednesday, December 23, 2015

All About Me: Christmas Edition!

Image found here!


So I told my Planner Buddy Pamela to do this holiday survey that I found on Skinny Meg and then I didn't do it when I said I would and now she's done it so I have to do it. Whew...how'd you like that sentence?!? Good thing no one scores/grades my blog!

Have you started your Christmas shopping? Yes, it's all done, wrapped and stashed in my craft room under a sheet.

When do you put up your tree? Usually the first week in December. I wasn't motivated to do the tree this year so I believe I stalled into week 2 of the month,

Are you a Black Friday shopper? YES Ma'am! I love it! I am not insane like some of the people on the news, but I do go and shop. I find it fun...it's not for the deals, it's for the fun of being with loved ones. This year since I was sick so I scaled back and didn't really enjoy it honestly.

Do you travel at Christmas or stay home? I'm going to be honest here and say I hate traveling at Christmas. I do when it's necessary, but I don't do it very positively. (Sorry Mom!) To answer the question: I have traveled at Christmas and I will be traveling this year. 

What is your funniest Christmas memory? Does the obnoxious trip home from St. Louis to Hawaii in 2009 count?? Oh wait...that wasn't funny, it was a damn nightmare. Okay..funny you say.....I can't narrow that down to just one, but my funniest memories at Christmas were when I was in my early teens and my much younger cousins would sometimes fly into Chicago from Portland. I loved playing with them. There's a picture of me getting a super cool stereo for Christmas and my cousin Ethan is holding up a Pikachu bath toy I'd gotten him that he was excited about. I love this for a few reasons, but mainly I love that he photobombed me with a simple gift that I got him. 

What is your favorite Christmas movie of all time? White Christmas. There's no contest!

Do you do your own Christmas baking, what's your favorite treat? Hahaha!!! Umm...that'd be a big, fat N O! Which is sad because my Mom and my Oma always did cookies.

Fake or Real Tree? I grew up with real, but then when I got older my Mom got a fake tree and then we lived in Hawaii and there was no way I was dragging one of those bug laden trees into my house. (Disclaimer: I don't know for sure if the real trees shipped onto the island had bugs. I just assumed.) So yes we've got a fake tree.

What day (as a mom) does the actual panic set in to get it all done? Mom of 3 under age 4 and so far I haven't panicked ever during Christmas. In fact the kiddos asked me what we're doing tomorrow and I said I had no idea b/c everything is done.

Are you still wrapping presents on Christmas Eve? No, but last year I did put their kitchen together on Christmas Eve...that was not much fun. This year I was more on the ball or rather they got smaller gifts from Santa.

What is your favorite family fun time at Christmas? Opening presents. I love seeing the kiddos faces.

What Christmas craft do you like the best? This year I seemed to not like any of them, because Benjamin was not the most cooperative dude which made doing his hand print ornament & his footprint ornament pretty difficult! 

Christmas music? LOVE it!

Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Not a big egg nog fan. I like hot chocolate though.

Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? I didn't really have a plan for this, but last year I started not wrapping the Santa gifts and think I'll continue that. 

Colored lights on the tree/house or white? I don't have a preference.

Do you hang mistletoe? Nope!

What is your favorite holiday dish? Cookies (not made by me obviously...hahaha!!!)

Favorite holiday memory as a child? I don't have one that I can distinctly think of....is that terrible? 

Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? I never did until a family at church did so my Mom let me do it, likely to silence the child complaints. I haven't let me kids do it yet. Last year I did the Christmas pajamas for them, but they weren't all that into it. This year St. Nick brought them the pajamas so they could enjoy them all month. 

How to you decorate your Christmas tree? Quickly! This year I had Julia's help and that was just pure hilarity! 

Snow? Love it? Dread it? Love it! I learned to drive in it and just think it's fun. That said people in WA make it a bit stressful since they aren't good at driving in it.

Can you ice skate? I haven't in YEARS! 

Do you remember your favorite gift? I've got 3 gifts that I remember as my favorite. One was when I was a kid and I got my barbie camper. I LOVED that toy! Another was my big stereo system. And last year getting that Erin Condren planner. I don't know what it is about that planner, but I haven't been that excited about a Christmas gift in ages.  Another one I just thought of is baby Benjamin...I was pregnant with him last Christmas and didn't know it. He is my gift though. God knew I needed that baby boy. 

What's the most important thing about the holidays to you? Being with family. My Mom has never missed a Christmas with me and I am beyond grateful! I am also one of the few military spouses in the world whose husband has never been deployed on Christmas. He's missed more anniversaries than I can count, but Christmas he's always been here. I don't forget how lucky I am for that.
Which do you prefer, giving or receiving? Let's be honest, everyone loves receiving something. But truly I love to see people's faces when they open a gift from me and they are excited by it. I am dying for the kiddos to see what they got this year. As the kids get older, it's more & more fun for me. This year they (Matthew & Julia) both really understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment