Thursday, December 31, 2015

My Annual Recap of the Year!

2015 Recap


Happy New Year!

1.     What did you do in 2015 that you've never done before?

(In no particular order...)

~Taught Ombudsman Basic Training several times
~Put down a cat that only I had owned
~Became a Mom to 3 kids
~Turned 30
~Was named the National Education & Patriotism Chairman for NWCA

2. Did you keep your New Years Resolutions & will you make any this year?

For 2015, my goals were:
1.     Blog more often! I really sucked at this until this fall, so I'll say it was accomplished, though late in the year.
2.     Use my iPhone less when my kids are around! FAILED miserably!
3.     Be open to the changes that will be occurring in our life in 2015 (this is a life changing year for us. I will divulge more as it happens.) I didn't do it with the most grace at times, but I did accomplish this one!

2016's goals are:

1. Use the iPhone/iPad less when my kids are around. I am keeping this one to try again.
2. Potty train Julia
3. Continue the blogging, because I've found it makes me happy.
4. Yell less.
5. Slow down & don't rush all the time.
6. Push past discomfort.
7. Don't put things off w/o good reason.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?

Well I gave birth and I am pretty darn close to myself. I also had some friends give birth too.

4. Did anyone close to you pass away?

My sweet Gracie cat passed away in July. Several other friends lost pets this year as well...it was a hard year for pets it seems. 

5. What countries did you visit?

No outside countries again this year. Avery and I have decided we're going to Canada in 2016 though.

6. What would you like to have in 2016 that you didn't have in 2015?

Last year I said a house we own. It unfortunately didn't happen, so I am saying a house again. We'd really like to own our own place.

7. What date from 2015 will be etched in your mind & why?

I've got several this year after having none last year.
January 5, 2015- Finding out I was pregnant with Benjamin
July 10, 2015- Gracie passing away
August 25, 2015- Benjamin was born
October 19- Avery started his civilian job. I was so unbelievably relieved that day!

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?

Not sure I had one. Obviously adding another child for sure....also weathering through some very significant life changes.

9. What was your biggest failure?

I don't think I had anything I feel was really a failure.

10. Did you suffer injury or illness? 

Extremely uncontrolled asthma during my pregnancy and an emergency c-section. 

11.  What was the best thing you bought?

Another Erin Condren Life Planner to start 2016 off right!

12.  Whose behavior is worthy of celebration?

Last year I said the Pope and again I give him the honors! Fantastic world leader who is not just talking the talk, but actually taking action.


13. Whose behavior made you appalled?

I can't just narrow it down to one this year. So here's my list:

1. Politicians not willing to work together for our greater good.
2. ISIS...for obvious reasons.
3. Hillary Clinton for her email scandal. Completely inappropriate to violate OPSEC that way.

14. Where did most of your money go?

Rent/moving/changing houses


15. What did you get really, really, excited about? 

Benjamin, new Ombudsman & new Navy spouses getting it right, and planners!

16. What songs will always remind you of 2015?

"Forever and Ever, Amen" Randy Travis
"Hope in Front of Me" Danny Gokey
"Dangerous (feat. Sam Martin)" David Guetta
"Your Love Never Fails" Newsboys


17. Compared to 2014 were you ___________ in 2015

a. Happier or sadder? I hate to say this, but because of stress/hormones etc I was often sadder.
b. Thinner or fatter?  Fatter technically b/c of pregnancy & still working to get that weight off.
c. Richer or poorer?   Poorer


18. What do you wish you would've done more of? 

Blog sooner in the year. I didn't blog about my pregnancy really at all. 


19. What do you wish you would've done less of? 

Yelling

20. How did you spend Christmas? 

I took my babies to Mass on Christmas Eve, then we ate pizza at home as a family. On Christmas Day, we woke up and opened gifts. Then drove down to Portland.


21. What is the most embarrassing thing that happened to you this past year?

I can't think of anything. 


22.  Did you fall in love in 2015?

I stayed in love with my husband and fell in love with our littlest boy.


23.  What was your favorite restaurant?  

 Oak Table (I only went once, but I loved it! Can you tell I don't get out much? Haha!)

24. What was your favorite TV program?

I didn't have one. We cancelled tv service in May. 


25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate in 2015?

 Not that I can recall.

26. What was the best book that you read?

1. "All The Light We Cannot See" by Anthony Doerr
2. "
The Girls from Ames: A Story of Women and a Forty-Year Friendship" by Jeffrey Zaslow

27.  What was your greatest musical discovery?

I didn't have one.


28.  What did you want & get in 2015? 

Things to turn out alright with all the life changes we had and they did. 


29. What did you want & not get in 2015? 

A house we own, but it's okay. We'll do it in 2016


30. What was your favorite movie of 2015?

Did I see any movies this year?? You all know I never see movies. I saw "Woman in Gold" at the theatre. It was interesting. 


31. What did you do for your birthday & how old did you turn?

I turned 30.  I spent time with my husband, newborn baby, the big kids and my Mom at home. It was a really fantastic day as I recall.


32. What's one thing that would've made 2015 more satisfying? 

Probably nothing! It really ended up being a good year.

33. How would you describe your fashion in 2015? 

I'll go with preppy again. I didn't change my style.

34.  What kept you sane? 

God, my friends, my Mom, doula and a fantastic team of doctors during my pregnancy.


35. What celebrity/public figure did you admire the most?  

I loved Bindi Irwin...what a neat gal! Russell Wilson is up there too.


36. What political issue fired you up the most? 

I'd rather not say to avoid any upset with friends. I don't really get political. I keep it very private.


37. Who did you miss? 

Friends that moved thanks to the military,


38. Who was the best new person you met?  

I can only think of people I'd already met, but got closer to. 

39.  Tell us a lesson 2015 taught you:

It taught me patience above all else.
I also thought we weren't prepared to get out of the Navy and I was so pleasantly surprised to see that we did things the right way, had our ducks all in a row etc. Our experience/transition was much much easier because we were ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment