Friday, November 6, 2015

30 Days of Thankfulness...Day 6: Friendship

IMG_1353.JPG
Courtesy of My Crazy Blessed Life

Day 6 is Friendship! I can't do a picture, because to do that would mean about 100 photos to get all my friends in. I have tons of friends. My husband once challenged me on if I actually knew all of my FB friends and the truth is I do. We may not all be close friends, but I know every single person and I can tell you how I know them.
I am a people person! In college I was visiting my Dad for Christmas in Denver and I made friends with the waiters and though they've since been deleted as FB friends....it was hilarious to my Dad that I could so quickly befriend these people. I just love talking to people and being friends.

Close friends are trickier. I am very open, yet I don't let everyone "in."  Lately I've been feeling really lonely......mainly because friends of mine that I was closer to have PCS'd and left Washington or I left my closer friends when I moved here. Getting married, kids, jobs etc etc changes the amount of time you have for people. It's harder as you get older to make new close friends or at least it feels that way to me. And with 3 young kids...it's not like I can just pick up and run out for coffee whenever I feel like it. Things have to be planned out a bit more.

I was going somewhere with this and I've lost my train of thought completely. Let's just leave this as....I love my friends and I am thankful I have friends!

How do you make close friends as an adult? 

No comments:

Post a Comment