Saturday, November 7, 2015

Faith and being a Catholic- Day 7

IMG_1353.JPG
Courtesy of My Crazy Blessed Life

Day 7 Faith!  I think I've talked about my faith here and there. I grew up in the Lutheran Church and became a Catholic through RCIA in August of 2003. It's been 12 years now. I haven't always been the most active or faithful Catholic. It's gone in waves through the years. Particularly in college it waned A LOT I sadly must admit. I "came back" strongly to the church 3 years ago when Matthew was 6 months old. I had finally finished my degree and decided to check out one of the local Catholic churches. 

My Catholic faith has never been so strong as it has been in the past 3 years.  It matters to me and I rely on it. We have an amazing support system at our parish. They love my kids as their own grandchildren and crazily enough, I think more people know my oldest son then know me. They held me up when I was struggling....especially at the beginning of this year when life was going 100 miles a minute.
That is the most special thing. 

4th of July weekend at our church.

No comments:

Post a Comment